Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Paul Morel

Paul Morel's photography focuses more on fashion, but this portrait stood out to me more than most of his other works. I think the close up has more of an effect on the viewer, and it's cropped just so that there's not tension around the head. I like how it lacks symmetry, with her head tilted slightly towards the side, her hair falling in front of her face, and the way in which she's biting at her lip. I think it might have had a better focus if her eye makeup wasn't so heavy since I find myself looking between that, the water dripping from her hair, and her mouth. I do think that the lighter background works well since she is heavily shadowed and her hair is dark. I would have edited out the strands of hair in the lower right since it's a distraction.


No comments:

Post a Comment