Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Alfred Eisenstaedt

Alfred Eisnstaedt is most well known for his V-J Day photo, with the kissing couple. I was attracted to his ballet photos more, due to not only the subject but the delicacy of these images. This one interests me further because I feel there is a story behind this one. Three of the ballerinas are staring out the window, while the fourth looks indifferent. It makes me wonder what they're looking at and what they're thinking about it. I also feel drawn to the girl farthest to the left. The light is striking across her more prominently than the others, and she is the only one with her face in the light. I don't think the light background is a distraction since the room appears darker and they're all shadowed, but not too much. It also makes the words on the window look more striking, and makes me want to know what it says.



No comments:

Post a Comment